Software Engineer (AI Ethics) – Italy
Java; Python; Machine Learning; Artificial Intelligence; Engineering
Chatterbox Labs, a 10 year old Enterprise AI company, are looking for remote Software Engineers (AI Ethics) in Italy to join our UK-based team to help implement ethical and responsible AI technologies.
You will be managed by a senior, Italian speaking member of staff therefore English does not need to be fluent but would be helpful.
You should hold a degree in Computer Science (or related field) and have completed courses during this degree in Data Science/Machine Learning. You should have strong software development skills via your academic studies.
You will join our engineering team whose responsibility it is to implement the AI Model Insights platform (known as AIMI). Whilst not a research role, this position will allow you to implement, scale and support commercial AI software.
This role is remote within Italy – you must have the right to work in Italy. There will be paid travel to our UK headquarters when needed (expected 1 – 2 times per year). This role is a full time employed role and does not require self employed status.
There is opportunity to grow within the company and develop your career. Our Italian VP Operations will mentor, train and support you in your role.
Chatterbox Labs have 6 available positions. Subject to team skills and persona, the responsibilities below will be allocated between the new team.
Our team works on:
- Develop and maintain underlying unique methods in the AI Model Insights platform(Java/Clojure)
- Python/Java SDK API code
- Implement, Update and Maintain cloud connectors
- Application testing (browser based and API based)
- Charts: Design, implement and update Vega charts
- Support DevOps & deployment processes
- Carry out security assessments and vulnerability checks on enterprise code
- Support real world customer deployments
- BSc in Computer Science (or related fields) with courses in Data Science/Machine Learning
- Experience using Python or a Java Virtual Machine language (Kotlin, Clojure, Java, etc)
- Strong problem solving and software development skills
- The desire to build robust, proven and tested technologies
- Exposure to functional programming paradigms (such as via Clojure, Haskell, etc)
- Exposure to collaborative software management tools (git, subversion, etc)
- Exposure to Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- MSc in Machine Learning (or related field)
Minimum Education Level
BSc in Computer Science (or related fields) with courses in Data Science/Machine Learning
Excellent spoken and written Italian language is essential. English is desirable – we will offer paid English courses if this is of interest.
Send an email with an up to date CV and cover letter to [email protected].co
WE DO NOT WORK WITH RECRUITERS AND WE DO NOT PAY RECRUITMENT FEES. RECRUITERS SHOULD NOT CONTACT US.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Remote, based in Italy